BEST OF 2022

Ok a few things to preface. 1) I didn't post reviews for a bunch more albums I listened to this year cuz I was getting overwhelmed but most of the ones I left out were 6/10 and under (and I still rated them all/included them in the competition for the best of year). It's my blog and I'm not gonna let it stress me out lol. 2) sorry that this is late. As aforementioned, I got a bit stressed about listening and reviewing a shit ton of albums but whatever. 3) For my top albums, they didn't end up aligning exactly with my top rated albums (although they mostly did). Instead, these were my favorite albums of the year. There's a slight difference there. But these were the albums that I listened to the most/returned to over and over/felt were doing something innovative and exciting and also were just great to listen to. 4) In total I ended up listening to and rating 150 albums in 2022! I've also linked to my spotify playlist: Best Songs of 2022

TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2022

1. Preacher's Daughter by Ethel Cain

2. a journey... by Hinako Omori

3. The Jacket by Widowspeak

4. Niineta by Joe Rainey

5. Big Time by Angel Olsen

6. Versions of Modern Performance by Horsegirl

7. LOUIE by Kenny Beats

8. God Save the Animals by Alex G

9. Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers by Kendrick Lamar

10. Skinty Fia by Fontaines D.C. 

TOP 20 SONGS OF 2022

1. WAKE, Post Office Winter 

2. Mission, Alex G

3. The Drive, Widowspeak

4. Family Tree, Ethel Cain

5. new body rhumba (from the film White Noise), LCD Soundsystem

6. My Blood Runs Through This Land, Black Belt Eagle Scout

7. Silhouette, Little Simz

8. ChevyS10, Sudan Archives

9. The Greatest, Sasami

10. Give Me a Reason, Boy Harsher

11. I Was Neon, Julia Jacklin

12. Big Time, Angel Olsen

13. She's Actin' Single (I'm Drinkin Double) [Gary Stewart], Wednesday

14. Big Steppa, Flo Milli

15. Tarred & Fucked, C Turtle

16. Jesus Freak Lighter, Blood Orange

17. Iblis Amghar, Mdou Moctar

18. icepick, Sadurn

19. Anti-Glory, Horsegirl

20. Been Himma, Dom Vallie

(queen of the year)



Comments

  1. woohoo! love the end of the year review and honored that some of the songs i sent you made the list

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts