Manning Fireworks, MJ Lenderman (9/10)

Huge day for my gf who has only listened to MJ Lenderman for the last six months. Indie darling MJ released his much anticipated album, "Manning Fireworks" today 9/6/24 w Anti. And I think it truly lives up to the hype. A masterclass in contemporary indie rock, he proves why he is one of the most exciting guitarists and lyricists working today. After the singles, which were awesome, I expected the whole album to be more electric rock, but in a pleasant twist, the album has a lot more folky influence as well w violins and more acoustic stuff. This diversity and innovation of song type really makes this album a step up from "Boat Songs" for me (which people already loved so much). Almost definitely going to be the best indie rock record of the year I think. And the last song, which is ten minutes and transitions into pure guitar ambience for the last five is such an awesome surprise. I love an album that keeps you on your toes. Two thumbs up for me. Oh and the Karly Hartzman backing vocals are just chefs kiss. Fav tracks: Wristwatch, She's Leaving You, You Don't Know The Shape I'm In



 

Comments

  1. damn calling me out in public... it was a huge day for me and MJ will def be my top artist this year. 10/10 for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. fav tracks: wristwatch, on my knees, you don't know the shape i'm in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts