RAVE:N, The Remixes, Kelela (7/10)

Another 2/9/24 release, we have the remix album of Kelela's "Raven," from last year w Wharp Records. My potentially controversial review of the original album can be found here. Lol. So I guess I liked the remixes better! I should really go back and listen to the original again especially since so many ppl luved it, but I'm too lazy rn since it's over an hour long. Anyways, there's a stacked lineup on the remix album w all my favs like Bbymutha, Shygirl, LSDXOXO, A.G., Yaeji, and Loraine James being just a few. Maybe I like it more cuz it's more upbeat? There's some really sick electronic composition for sure, and a good diversity of songs w some doing slower more experimental stuff and some doing songs for the club. I think/hope these will be frequenting many a DJ mix in the coming year. Fav tracks: Closure - Flexulant x BAMBII Remix feat Rahrah Gabor & Brazy, Enough For Love - Yaeji heart+beat Remix, Divorce - Loraine James Remix



Comments

Popular Posts