Imaginal Disk, Magdalena Bay (6/10)

Ok this score is really going to piss some people off lol but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol. Maybe I'll relisten and revise my review. Anywho, Magdalena Bay released their latest album on 8/23/24 w Mom+Pop. Everything I've seen about it has been overwhelmingly positive and Temperance just texted me yesterday saying how much they loved it. I've never been a huge Magdalena Bay fan (probably good context), and despite deeply respecting and admiring the musicianship and production on this album, I just don't love the songs as much as it seems like everyone else does. I do see why people like it; it's dancey and fun and poppy but weird and w some crazy guitar shreddage and synthwork, but yeah just doesn't do it for me. Still would def rec if you like more electronic alt pop. And def a song or two will go viral on Tiktok at least ("Image" is already starting to). Fav tracks: Watching T.V., Tunnel Vision, Cry For Me


 

Comments

Popular Posts