YOU'LL HAVE TO LOSE SOMETHING, SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE (6/10)

Ok SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE. Let's get into it. They dropped their most recent album, YOU'LL HAVE TO LOSE SOMETHING on 8/23/24 w Saddle Creek. SOTB is a band so many of my friends love, but I've just never been able to get fully into them - kinda like Jockstrap I guess. There's individual songs I like but just haven't loved them as a band as much as some others. On my first listen to this album, I was like I just don't get it. Meh. Second listen I was stoned, and I was like this is genius. Third listen I was on a walk and I was like okay I get it but still only really love a few of the songs. So I think my rating jumped from a 4 to an 8 to a 6. Super imaginative and a really fun listen -- if you want to, I highly recommend you listen to the whole thing in order with great speakers or headphones. If you're not into weird experimental alt pop/rock, though, you probs won't like. :P Fav tracks: STRANGER ALIVE, I'VE BEEN EVIL, DUPLICATE SPOTTED



Comments

Popular Posts