Vertigo, Wand (7/10)

I'd liked a song by Wand ("Growing Up Boys") but had never listened to a full LP nor did I realize they were still putting out music! Great surprise to listen to this LP and be so excited about it. Interesting though because what I had liked most/remembered most about that song was the synth, and this album is after the departure of keyboardist Sofia Arreguin from the band. So a lot more guitar driven than I remember (from my limited knowledge of them before). Amazing post rock/pop reminiscent to me of Thom Yorke or Perfume Genius esp w regard to the kinda theatrical vocals over textured rock/long more experimental/ambient stretches. If I'm being honest I don't love the vocals, but the music is so good and there's some severe shreddage that makes up for it. Oh they dropped it 7/26/24 w Drag City Inc. Fav tracks: Curtain Call, Smile, Hangman 




 

Comments

Popular Posts