BRAT, Charli xcx (9/10)

WAKE UP LITTLE GAY PPL IN MY PHONE!! BRAT was released yesterday (6/7/24) and if you haven't already listened 2 or 3 times to the album all the way thru you are falling behind the cultural curve!!!! Wowow impeccable LP by Charli xcx exceeding my high expectations. I have to admit that besides a few of her top bangers, I wasn't the biggest charli xcx fan up until a few months ago. But I've been obsessing over the singles she released for this album, specifically "Club classics" and "360." And I have to say, I've said before that I really dislike the current release format of singles when the LP ends up being way worse than the singles (and sounds just like them), but I feel like the release schedule of this album was brilliant. All the singles released from this album were club bangers that exude confidence and not giving a shit and pop stardom, but the rest of the album is surprisingly vulnerable, with songs about insecurity, competition in the music industry among girls, thinking about motherhood, and a fantastic and heartbreaking tribute to SOPHIE. So good and this vulnerability made the album so much more complex/gave those club bangers so much more of an umph. Happy pride folks 💋😻🙏 these songs are going to be everywhere for the rest of the summer. And truly, I generally am pop averse, but this album makes me think I'm just boring and bad music averse. Fav tracks: 365, Club classics, So I, 360

6/24/24
Ok changing my favs to: 365, Club Classics, Sympathy is a Knife
still obsessed 


 

Comments

Popular Posts