Water's Here In You, Babehoven (6/10)

New Babehoven album came out 4/26/24 w Double Double Whammy. I'd been only okay on the singles they released prior and I think that about fit w how I felt about the album. It's a good album of indie folk/slower indie rock and even some ambient stuff at times, but it was just a little slow for me. Maybe it's my bias in taste rn (have been preferring more upbeat stuff recently), but I just got a bit bored. It's hard to stand out in this genre for me right now esp when there's so much of it. While I'm comin in a little hard on this review, it still is solid for sure and I still have a lot of respect for the band as songwriters. They've written some rlly amazing stuff - but this album just wasn't my fav of theirs. Fav tracks: Birdseye, Chariot, Rocket



Comments

Popular Posts