黒船, Sadistic Mika Band (7/10)

Ok I can't find who posted it, but found this album through one of the synth history accounts I follow on instagram. Sadistic Mika Band is a Japanese couple (married and divorced) band from the 70's that has some cool synth, that's all I really knew about them going in. But I listened to a few songs and was like whoaa this is very cool. So I listened to this full album and have been digging it. I got prog rock vibes from it and after doing some more research found out they were really inspired by both prog and glam rock and specifically Bowie and Plastic Ono Band. Makes a lot of sense I think, and those inspos will give you some good insight into what the sound is like. Like Ziggy Stardust or Dark Side in Japan a bit. Ooh and it came out Nov 5, 1974. Fav tracks: Ok I cannot figure out how to copy and paste the song names but Tracks 2, 9, and 6


Comments

Popular Posts