HIT ME HARD HIT ME SOFT, Billie Eilish (8/10)

As probably everyone knows by now lol, Billie Eilish dropped her much-anticipated and gay third album yesterday (5/17/24) w Darkroom/Interscope Records. I listened to it yesterday while I was driving to pick up David from the hospital for his surgery and was going to give it a six. Besides "Lunch," which I had liked since it was played at Billie's Coachella party, the rest of the album just did not sound good on my car speakers. Billie's vocals were really quiet and the instrumentals blended into one another so it all kinda blurred out. I told Bella I thought it was just meh. Listening to it again today on my big speakers was a totally different experience. This time, I heard all of the fantastic nuances and production and the beats much more clearly. It's a dope and really genre-varied album (tho all pretty poppy) with great lyrics and just really cool song structures; many songs have different kinds of parts that sound like they could be from different songs. If you're gonna do pop, do it like this, and I won't be bored. Didn't want to like it as much as I do. :P Fav tracks: LUNCH, CHIHIRO, BIRDS OF A FEATHER

Have other people had this issue w the speakers? 



Comments

Popular Posts