Eno (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), Brian Eno (7/10)

I have been in such a Brian Eno kick since finishing A Year With Swollen Appendices, Eno's published diary and lectures from 1996. Coincidentally, he just released the soundtrack to his biopic! Released 4/26/24 w Universal Music Recordings. A great compilation of songs from across his career, it also includes 3 previously unreleased tracks. It's hard to judge this album since it is a compilation w some of his greatest hits, but I do think it's a very good compilation showing a lot of dif sides of his expansive palette and compositions from over the years as well as frequent contributors John Cale, David Byrne, and his brother Roger. There's some great rock and lots of ambient stuff too. Reminded me of some songs I'd forgotten about that I love and showed me a few new Eno songs as well! My fav tracks don't include Third Uncle bc that was already one of my fav songs of all time. They include songs I'd forgotten about or didn't know. Fav tracks: Spinning Away (w John Cale), Sky Saw - Remastered 2004, Regiment - Remastered 2006 (w David Byrne)



Comments

Popular Posts