Challengers (Original Score), Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (8/10)

Ok let me just start by saying I haven't seen the movie yet, and I am liable to change my judgement after watching the actual movie. But rn I'm waiting for it to come to streaming since I don't want to pay for a movie ticket. Anywho, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross dropped this score for the new Luca Guadagnino film, "Challengers." It was released on 4/26/24, and I've seen it get some hype from a few dif folks. It's pretty good!! A lot of great synthy upbeat kinda club/workout songs w some interesting compositional stuff happening that probs has to do with the film (moments when it goes silent and we just hear tennis balls being hit for ex). As someone who also separately loves tennis, you'd think I'd luv that lol. But I probs won't be listening to this full thing again (saved my fav songs to add to my workout mix). Still very solid work from some great talents. Fav tracks: Brutalizer 2, The Signal, The Points That Matter

Ok 5/18/24 Revising form a 6/10 to an 8/10. Trying to decide how I'm going to grade scores, but I am leaning towards grading them as scores rather than albums separate from the movies. As an album this might be a 6, but as a score, I think it's excellent and so fun and compelling. 



Comments

Popular Posts