sentiment, claire rousay (6/10)

LA-based experimental artist, claire rousay released her latest album, "sentiment" on 4/19/24 w Thrill Jockey Records. I've known about claire for a while but haven't listened to a full album before, so this was an interesting introduction. The 10 song 37 album opens with a kinda depressing monologue and then some cool ambient texture, which I thought was corny at first but it actually grew on me with a few listens. There's some purely ambient and/or field recording tracks on the album (think I prefer these tracks), but a lot of it has claire's super emo autotuned vocals, which I'm not the biggest fan of (tho I see how some people would be super into it). Lala Lala and Hand Habits also have features on songs, which is cool. Definitely think claire is doing some cool experimental stuff and is an artist I respect a lot! Fav tracks: it could be anything, iii, sycamore skylight



Comments

Popular Posts