Oxford Gardens (EP), Devon Ross (8/10)

Damn.... I really did not want to like this EP as much as I do lol. I've been seeing Devon Ross on Thurston Moore's instagram for the past couple of months and knew that he signed her to his label, but idk I was kinda sour bc she's a model and so hot and I thought that was maybe why he signed her (okok this was a wild assumption ik i apologize). I think the first song I heard from this was "Mine Not Yours," and I also thought she was just a Sonic Youth rip off, honestly sounding like Kim Gordon in that song... but these songs do go very hard. Four tracks at 14 minutes. And I like all of them honestly. What convinced me was her guitar playing which def takes inspo from SY but is different enough to be impressive. Excited to see what happens w her. Fav tracks: I Don't Wanna, Swim



Comments

Popular Posts