Tigers Blood, Waxahatchee (7/10)

Today's an exciting drop day!! Waxahatchee released her new album (3/22/24) w Anti. Wasn't rlly sure what to expect for this since I liked but didn't love the singles, and that's kinda how the whole album went. Each song is very good. MJ Lenderman is on guitar and backup vocals and the two sound great together. And, for the record, I'm a huge Waxahatchee fan - both of Saint Cloud but esp her older stuff. But idk I just found this album a bit boring? Even tho every song is good, none were super stand outs for me/they all kinda blended into each other/even sounded a bit like Saint Cloud and I had to listen twice to the album before even posting this. Will probs listen more and maybe will change my mind (for ex I feel like the single "Right Back to It" has grown on me a lot since first hearing), but as of now was a tad disappointed tbh. Hm. Wondering what others think. Ik Pitchfork loved it but that's Pitchfork. Fav tracks: Right Back to It, Crowbar, Tigers Blood



Comments

Popular Posts