Expensive Thrills, C Turtle (6/10)

I've been following C Turtle for a couple years now since I fell in luv w their 2022 "This is Not Karate EP" which has "Tarred & Fucked" on it (love that song). On 3/8/24, they released their sophomore album "Expensive Thrills" w Blitzcat Records. I didn't love the singles they released for it just cuz they felt so much more hardcore than what I expected, but I was really pleasantly surprised w the album! Def more upbeat and noisier but keeps the DIY lofi experimental vibe that I rlly luv from them. Even giving old Sonic Youth at points ("Sniffing the Jesus Hole"). Was back and forth between a 6 and a 7 for this for a while bc there are some super awesome moments (fav track by far is "Expensive Thrills"), but I think ultimately giving it a 6 cuz probably won't listen to these songs all that much. Still quite impressed and would def consider myself a fan. Fav Tracks: Expensive Thrills, Sniffing the Jesus Hole, Melvin Said This 



Comments

Popular Posts