Interview with Temperance Aghamohammadi

I am starting a series where I interview poets (and maybe other artists) about music. First up we have my dear friend Temperance Aghamohammadi. I will ask the same three questions, and the interviewee will be able to answer in as much or as little detail as they would like. 

What albums/songs/artists have you been listening to lately? 

Temperance: Lately, I've been listening to Marta Gómez and Andres Romistrovsky's album Bajo & Voz, which came out this year (start with Lucía and Canción en Sol). Canadian electronic artist TR/ST just came out with a new single, Robrash, which has been on repeat. Everything he does is magnificent. I also am enamored with Searows's new EP End of The World. Aurat is a new find and I've been obsessed with them. 

Which albums/artists have been most influential to your poetics? 

Temperance: My poetry is heavily influenced by extremely textural music. Who immediately honestly comes to mind is Enya and the way she layers her vocals hundreds of times over. I like the composer Satie, specifically Trois Gymnopédies -- the tension in delay and release is mournful and beautiful. I also return frequently to Iranian artist Googoosh and Japanese pop aritst Hikaru Utada (both of whom I've been listening to since I was a kid). 

Top 3 fav albums of all time?

Temperance: In no particular order: TR/ST's double album The Destroyer 1 and 2, FKA Twigs' Magdalene, and Florence + The Machine's How Big How Blue How Beautiful. Oh! Two of my favorite songs of all time are What's Up by 4 Non Blondes and Linger-- Acoustic by The Cranberries. 


Temperance Aghamohammadi is an Acolyte of the Exquisite. 


Comments

Popular Posts