The Twits, bar italia (7/10)

Huge release day today 10/3/23, and probably my most anticipated album from today was "The Twits" by bar italia. Their second fkn album of the year!!! I've gotten super into bar italia this year, and I thought the singles they released for this album "my little tony" and "jelsy" were candidates for my top songs of the year, so I was rlly excited for this. It's a 13 song album at 47 minutes, released with Matador. I was maybe slightly disappointed, but it just about met my expectations. I think bar italia is one of the most exciting acts right now, but I still find in their albums there's a bunch of songs I don't love. But the ones I do love are just so good. Nina Cristante's voice has grown on me so much over the last year. I feel like I felt it was annoying before, but idk something's shifted and I rlly enjoy it now for the most part. And the guitar on this album just shredss. For a three piece, it's rlly amazing how much sound they get out. Fav tracks: Jelsy, my little tony, Shoo



Comments

Popular Posts