SUCKER, IAN SWEET (6/10)

IAN SWEET released her latest album on 11/3/23 w Polyvinyl. I had really liked the first single from this album, "Your Spit," but have generally found her sound to be too poppy for me, so wasn't exactly sure what to expect w this album. Overall really exceeded by expectations! I fkn hate the first two songs which give me electro Taylor Swift, but after that the album really takes off. It's about a relationship? I think that seems toxic, and the song "Clean" w the lyrics "I'll wait for you to get clean, get clean, get clean, get clean" really got me. The raw emotion and narrative is what elevates this to close to a 7 for me even tho it still is sometimes too poppy and I hate those first two songs which is what ultimately brings it down to a 6. She surfs dreampop, bubblegrunge, indie pop, and synth pop here, and overall it is p successful, and I think someone who likes pop more than me would like this even more. Fav tracks: Sucker, Clean, Hard

Ok actually Temperance hated this album and they like Ian Sweet and pop music more than me so maybe take this w a grain of salt lol



Comments

Popular Posts