Orbweaving, Midwife & Vyva Melinkolya (7/10)

Midwife and Vyva Melinkolya, two slowcore artists I follow, released this joint album on 5/12/23 w The Flenser. It's taken me a while to get to it, but I think it was worth it! Part of the reason it took me a while was I really have to be in the right mood for a certain kind of slowcore. Mostly because it can be so slow lol. And this album is pretty slow. That said, I think if you have patience it is worth the patience because some songs crescendo into some pretty epic guitar movements (NMP) Was kinda waiting for something similar on the final 12 minute track "Orvweaving," but it stays pretty ambient throughout. This album is 5 songs and 32.5 minutes, so averaging about 6-7 minutes a song, which is def something you have to be in the mood for, but if you are, it will most likely satisfy. Fav tracks: Hounds of Heaven, NMP (be patient w this one, gets so good)



Comments

Popular Posts