New Blue Sun, André 3000 (6/10)

There's been sooooo much hype around André 3000's surprise new flute album, New Blue Sun, which dropped on 11/17/23 w Epic Records and is his debut solo album. It's p good. Very kind of spa vibes and flute heavy. Tbh tho, I don't think this album is even in my top 3 ambient records of the year. There's just so much great ambient stuff coming out rn and I really feel synth is where you can get crazy w the ambient stuff like on Laurel Halo's album. That said, it's def very decent. Songs are quite long w the album totaling at 1hr 27 min. I applaud the brave pivot esp w regard to expectations for this. Fav tracks: I Swear, I really Wanted To Make a "Rap" Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time, The Slang Word "P(*)ssy" Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina. Do You Agree?, BuyPoloDisorder's Daughter Wears a 3000® Button Down Embroidered

  


Comments

Popular Posts