Women, Women (8/10)

Stumbled upon this album recently cuz I think Jagjaguwar posted about its 15 year anniversary which just passed. I've also been getting into No Wave, and some songs from it keep coming up on recommended shuffles and stuff, even tho this album is from 2008 and not the 70's. Anyways, it's a great album that was the debut of Canadian band "Women." It came out on 10/7/08 w Jagjaguwar. It was recorded using just tape machines and boom boxes, and is a super cool kind of experimental lofi noise album, but still with a lot of melody. Kind of in the vein of Animal Collective but also with influence from bands like the Velvet Underground. Really cool stuff that I've been listening to a lot in the past week. :P Also I just luv the cover I think it's so funny. Fav tracks: Sag Harbor Bridge, Shaking Hand, Upstairs



Comments

Popular Posts