Freak Accident, Al Menne (6/10)

 From their Spotify bio: "Freak Accident is the debut album from Al Menne (he/they). Menne came up in the music scene as the lead singer of Seattle-based rock band Great Grandpa." This album came out 9/22/23 w Double Double Whammy and was produced by Christian Lee Hutson, mixed by Jay Som, and has guitar from Meg Duffy (Hand Habits). Whewf. Stacked list. I remember when the single "Beth" came out and I sent it to Bella and I was like this sounds so much like Phoebe Bridgers. Which I stand by. Menne has a really lovely voice and some great songwriting, but I got kinda bored in the album tbh which keeps happening w this genre for me (same reaction to Fenne Lily's new song). But it is quite beautiful indie folk stuff if you're into bands like Fenne Lily, Phoebe Bridgers, etc. But I guess they're trans so that's bonus too hehe. Fav tracks: What U Want, Beth, Careful Heart



Comments

Popular Posts