softscars, Yeule (8/10)

Yeule dropped her latest album on 9/22/23 w Ninja Tune. Honestly, I had high expectations because Pitchfork pitched it as a shift from "future-shocked electronic pop to a super-sized emotional bloodletting steeped in '90 alternative." And I fkn luv '90's alternative. But I found that this was actually mostly still pretty electronic poppy, and too poppy for my taste. Idk. If someone tells me to give it another chance maybe I will, but I couldn't even get halfway thru the album before I wanted to turn it off. :(

OK REVISION 11/29/23

I've been convinced of this album. ty asha and the others that helped me get here. You really have to be okay w the electronic pop and then you get those sweet doses of 90's alternative, but you can't be expecting an 90's alternative album. Cuz this is a 2023 album for sure. So cool to see bands like Yeule and full body 2, tho, that are taking 90's alternative and infusing it w glitch pop. Idk a lot of these songs really grew on me. Wowza giving it an 8 now. Fav tracks: software update, 4u12, dazies



Comments

Popular Posts