Karaoke Night (EP), Soccer Mommy (7/10)

Another 9/22/23 drop from Soccer Mommy, we've got her covers EP which covers Pavement, Sheryl Crow, Slow Dive, Taylor Swift, and R.E.M.. I honestly didn't have very high expectations after she dropped the "Soak Up the Sun" cover as a single and I didn't really luv it - mostly because it felt too similar to the original to me/I'd listened to the original so many times and luv Sheryl Crow on it. But the new covers are awesome! Specifically wowed by the Pavement and Slow Dive covers, which I think she really puts her own spin/sound on. She kinda makes all of the songs dream poppy which is cool for songs that aren't necessarily that originally. Def liked this EP a lot more than I thought I would. Fav tracks: Here, Dagger, Losing My Religion



Comments

Popular Posts