Gentle Confrontation, Loraine James (7/10)

Late to the game on Loraine James!! I didn't know her before this, but I'd seen some great responses to this album, which came out on 9/22/23 w Hyperdub, so decided to give it a go. Not at all what I was expecting, which was something indie rock ish for whatever reason. No. Instead, Loraine James is super kinda dark avant garde electronic w some rap, kinda in the vein of Dean Blunt sometimes but also very different. Was really impressed just w the sick production and innovation here. Docked it a bit cuz the album felt too long and I got a tad bored at a point, but was still overall very impressed. Don't know why I didn't know about her before, but I'm a converted fan for sure. Fav tracks: Gentle Confrontation, 2003, While They Were Singing



Comments

Popular Posts