everything is alive, Slowdive (7/10)

The highly anticipated new Slowdive album dropped 9/1/23 w Dead Oceans, their first album since 2017. "everything is alive" is an 8 song 41-minute experience of synth pop, some songs slow and mellow and others a bit more upbeat and danceable. I found the first half a bit slow and boring for my taste, but I definitely think the second half is p solid. I liked that there were some new songs in addition to the singles that I liked, since there's been a phenomenon esp this year of disappointing albums after great singles. If you're expecting the shoegazey feel of Souvlaki, you probs won't get that. But if you're in a more dreampop synthpop mood, this album will be easy listening. It's nothing too special for me, but I still like it and some of the songs quite a bit. :P I'd say about met my expectations. And always cool when 90's bands are still making good albums. Fav tracks: chained to a cloud, the slab, kisses



Comments

Popular Posts