Nicks and Grazes, Palm (7/10)

I first heard of Palm last year when they came to St. Louis because Water From Your Eyes was opening for them. I actually had tickets to this concert, but then I was too hungover to go. sad. ESPECIALLY SAD because they are breaking up. Anyways, then Mimi sent me this album a few weeks ago, and I tried it but wasn't in the right mood I guess. Gave it another try yesterday and really enjoyed it! You def have to be in the right mood since it's pretty weird and experimental. Big Animal Collective/Deerhoof vibes. This album is their latest from last year (10/14/22 w Saddle Creek), but they have announced that they are disbanding. Sad. I hopped on the Palm train too late I guess. But yeah super weird and interesting and sometimes discordant, but v cool stuff. Fav tracks: Touch and Go, Feathers, Nicks and Grazes



Comments

Popular Posts