If We Stayed Alive, 12 RODS (4/10)

Okay I did NOT like this album lol. And I'm a 12 RODS fan. In fact, the song "Gaymo" of theirs is one of my favorites of ALL TIME. Granted, I haven't listened to any of their other albums besides their awesome debut EP, "Gay (EP)" (1997). However, I still had pretty high expectations. They dropped their first album since 2015 on 7/7/23 w Terrible Hands. I just thought it was SO boring!!!! Like it sounds like an up and coming chill pop band (in the vein of Rex Orange County or something) instead of a band that is able to produce rlly interesting and devastating songs (even while the genre hasn't changed too much). V disappointing for me and had a hard time getting thru the album, even tho I've seen some people I respect like some of the songs a lot. Wah. Fav tracks: Twice 


Comments

Popular Posts