I Inside the Old Year Dying, PJ Harvey, (7/10)

PJ Harvey's new album came out on 7/7/23 w Partisan Records. I was really surprised by it! I had kind of written it off as just another PJ release. And generally, I like some of PJ's stuff but find her voice hard to listen to for a whole album. This album was pretty different from what I expected. Instead of her (usual?) more raw stripped back rock and punky stuff, it's pretty experimental. Giving Kate Bush or Bon Iver or Björk or even new Black Belt Eagle Scout in the kind of eery and spiritual ballads. It's pretty awesome honestly. I told Bella, it's probably what Björk sounds like to people who like Björk lol. Am I coming out as a Björk hater? No I  do like her, but I am coming out as a person who still can't get into rlly into her music lol. Don't hate me. Anyways, I didn't find PJ's voice annoying here either, which was nice. The person who rec'd it to me was Temperance which makes sense cuz it's super witchy and extremely trans even tho i dont think PJ Harvey is trans. Oh it's also adapted from her book-length poem, Orlam, which is cool. Favorite tracks: Autumn Term, I Inside the Old Year Dying, The Nether-edge



Comments

Popular Posts