Echo Palace, Iguana Death Cult (7/10)

I'd never heard of Iguana Death Cult, but I started following @blurrytoddler on Instagram, who does a shitload of music recaps/reviews, and he gave this album an 8.2/described it in a way that I thought I might like it. And I did!! It's the band's 3rd LP and came out on 5/12/23 w Innovative Leisure. They sound a lot like Parquet Courts, especially the vocals, but with maybe a bit more of a post-punk/grungey instrumental sound. I was especially impressed with the sick bass, guitar, and synth parts, the energy, and the innovation of sound that was able to keep my attention for most of the album without sounding too redundant/or doing that post-punk thing where they are just yelling and not sounding too great. Also, even tho they sound a lot like Parquet Courts, I think they're doing something that's all their own and is different enough so as not to sound derivative. Don't love every song but was overall p impressed! V funky and fun and groovy. Fav tracks: Echo Palace, Conference to Conference, I Just Want a House



Comments

Popular Posts