My Soft Machine, Arlo Parks (7/10)

Arlo Parks also released on 5/26/23 w Transgressive Records. I'm not sure why this exceeded my expectations so much -- I think I've kinda gotten less into this genre since her last album and also she just hasn't dropped in a while, so I guess I kinda forgot how fuckin good she is?? Dumb since I loved "Collapsed in Sunbeams" lol. Anyways, this album surprised me by how good it was! Good in terms of diversity of songs (she moves seamlessly between rnb, indie pop, rap, and indie rock), good in terms of production (was super impressed by the diversity of sounds and levels of production), and just some dang good songs. The 7 might be because I have moved away from this genre a bit in terms of my own taste or just that I didn't love enough songs to give it an 8, but I think it's a dope album nonetheless. Favorite tracks: Devotion, I'm Sorry, Puppy, Room (red wings)


Comments

Popular Posts