Everyone's Crushed, Water From Your Eyes (8/10)

Probs another one of my most anticipated albums of the year!!! I got really into WFYE about a month ago after I saw them live (even tho I've known about them for a while and "Adeleine" was in my top 5 songs last year lol). So I was stoked about this drop, especially after they recently signed w Matador. Came out w Matador on 5/26/23. I reviewed "Barley," one of the singles they released a while ago (which I liked) and was going to review the last single, "14" before deciding to save it for this review. Damn that song ("14") is probably going to be my fucking song of the year. What I love about WFYE is how innovative they are; they blend techno and art rock and composition and just weird/sick ass sounds in a way that NOBODY is doing and NOBODY has done. And it's fuckin awesome and unpretentious and goofy simultaneously. This album definitely succeeds in that realm, and even when I don't love the melodies, I still respect the creativity/brilliance behind it. Was a bit disappointed that I didn't love as many songs as I wanted to, but again I still respect every song on this album. And I think "14" has maybe made it to my best songs of all time playlist. Even though the production is 100, there's a rawness to it and specifically Rachel Brown's voice that just punctures me. Favorite tracks: 14, Barley, Open 


Comments

Popular Posts