With A Hammer, Yaeji (7/10)

Yaeji released her sophomore LP on 4/7/23. Honestly, I was really impressed!!!! She is really going beyond just dancey electronic music to a bit more experimental stuff. While there's still a lot of that dancey vibe, there's some cool slower stuff that focuses on string or synthetic string instruments. The lyricism in this album is also stunning, and she is really kind of thinking through family and her Korean heritage and self, which I thought was super cool, specifically thinking about "I'll Remember For Me, I'll Remember For You." Her grandpa is in the music video for "For Granted," which also speaks to this theme and I just luv that. There's a few songs I didn't love, but overall it's a super solid album. Favorite tracks: For Granted, Submerge FM, I'll Remember For Me, I'll Remember For You



Comments

Popular Posts