The Record, boygenius ( 5/10)

Erg. Even the cover art is corny lol. 💀 WHY R BOYGENIUS GETTING SO CRINGE. i just feel like for a band that has only put out one EP, they could have been more creative than to use a classic Simon & Garfunkel melody and one of their SIX earlier songs lol. turning into the next muna smh. also annoys me that they are cheapening rilke and i very much dislike the lyrics on like half of the album 😭 sorry i'll stop being annoyed; there's still a few good songs on here. Ok actually I won't. Re: Letter to an Old Poet: I feel like the discourse is oh they're so sick for being self-referential but ??? i feel like they are just taking an old good song and being lazy by not writing a new song and also making a cringely-optimistic version of it. "Me & My Dog" was so good cuz the lyrics were so brutal. Who wants to sing "I want to be happy" instead of "I want to be emaciated?" Not me lmao.

 Favorite tracks: Emily I'm Sorry (even tho phoebes a queer baiting clout chaser oop), True Blue, $20

 sry phoebe/boygenius luvrs - not calling u cringe i also listen to phoebe sometimes


Comments

  1. even as a huge biased phoebe fan, i would also give this album a 5/10 -- wtf happened?? the lyrics, music and vibe are all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i relistened and staying at a 5. the first half is great (up till not strong enough) then gets horrible (like a 3/10). so sad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts