Praise a Lord Who Chews But Which Does Not Consume; (Or Simply, Hot Between Worlds), Yves Tumor (7/10)

Another one of my most anticipated albums of the year from one of my favorite artists, "Praise a Lord" came out on 3/17/23 from Warp Records. Part of the reason it's taken me so long to post this review (besides being very busy) is that I keep going back and forth on whether to give it a 7 or 8. I do like it and there's a lot of songs I really admire, but these songs will definitely not be in my casual rotation as much as I think I was hoping for. "Heaven to a Tortured Mind" is one of my favorite records of all time and is quite a difficult one to follow up. I like that Yves maintains their great guitar shreddage (Chris Greatti), dope production, and real stylistic innovation/novelty. This album to me feels a bit darker than "Heaven," which is perhaps why I won't listen to it as much/as casually, but there were also a bunch of songs on "Heaven" that I didn't initially like that really grew on me over time, so perhaps that will happen here too. I also love the diversity of songs here and the inclusion of interludes. Ugh. I rlly love Yves so much. A true trans icon of mine. <3 Favorite tracks: Operator, Fear Evil Like Fire, Lovely Sewer



Comments

Popular Posts