One Wayne G, Mac Demarco (4/10)

Yesterday (4/21/23), Mac released this 9.5 hour album of 199 tracks that he's recorded over the last five years with his new label "Mac's Record Label." Lmao. At first I was pretty annoyed cuz I thought it was just a matter of laziness and not wanting to go through and just put out the best songs. But now I think it's kind of a cool move to put your entire archive out for the public. If this had come out a month ago, I might've done my archive class final on this album and how it is working as an archive. There's a lot of meh and stuff I don't like, but there's some bangers and I think conceptually it's really cool. I saw someone on Tiktok who was a producer talking about how it's really inspirational to see how much music Mac just makes everyday, that kind of dedication and also growth as an artist is all manifest here. I haven't listened to the entire 9.5 hours, but I listened to about 2 hours of some folks on the internet's favorites. I've compiled mine here. Favorite tracks: 20200817 Proud True Toyota, 20190724, 20191009 I Like Her


 

Comments

Popular Posts