Forever Means (EP), Angel Olsen (6/10)

After releasing two singles ("Nothing's Free" and "Forever Means") in March and April, on 4/14/23 Angel released this B Side EP of four tracks that were recorded during the sessions for Big Time. I really liked "Nothing's Free" when she released it. It's a super slow jazzy track, and her vocals really shine when the background instrumentation is so slow and kinda sexy. "Forever Means" I didn't really love because the melody sounds really similar to "Chasing the Sun" from the album, and "Time Bandits" sounds pretty melodically similar to "Big "Time." So I was wondering if these were just alternate versions/lyrics for those two songs. Because of that, though, I docked the EP a lot on points just cuz I was excited to get some new stuff. I like the fourth song a lot, though, which didn't sound like any of the songs on the OG album. So w two old-ish songs and two new songs, I gave it a 6. If those two weren't there tho or were different, I'd probably have given it a 7 or 8 cuz Angel's just so good. Favorite tracks: Nothing's Free, Holding On

 


Comments

Popular Posts