A River Running to Your Heart, Fruit Bats (6/10)

Fruit Bats released this album on 4/14/23 w Merge Records. Fruit Bats was a band I was pretty obsessed with in high school but haven't really followed very closely over the last few years. It was a really nice surprise, listening to this album and seeing that they are still making cool music with a similar sound but that also doesn't feel stale. This album in general was a pleasant surprise and exceeded my maybe lowish expectations. Don't love every song, but I thought some were good and was also surprised by some ambient stuff and some cool synth which I didn't remember them having (I remembered them more for their strings and idiosyncratic vocals).. 👌 Favorite tracks: Rushin' River Valley, Tacoma, We Used to Live Here


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts