Another Green World, Brian Eno (7/10)

The third studio album of Brian Eno from 1975! I have been turning into quite the Brian Eno fan over the last few months. This was the second album of his I listened to in full, after their first one "Here Come the Warm Jets," and you can definitely feel how much their music has changed. While that album is pretty alternative, you can still very much see how it's in conversation with the pop/rock of that time (specifically following in the Beatles' footsteps). This album is much more ambient/instrumental (there's significantly less vocals) while remaining as experimental/alternative. While I think I like the more rock n roll era Eno better, I still have such a soft spot for experimental ambient, so this album does really well for me too. And I know it made a big impact historically -- this album definitely has a couple of their most famous songs (Another Green World, The Big Ship). Favorite tracks: The Big Ship, Another Green World, Sombre Reptiles, I'll Come Running

 


Comments

Popular Posts