Light Moving Time, Babehoven (6/10)

Babehoven dropped this album on 10/28/22. I got pretty into Babehoven actually around that same time (early fall) but didn't realized they'd dropped this album until a few weeks ago. It's a solid ethereal and lyrical experience kind of in the vein of Skullcrusher or a slower Wednesday. Honestly though I was kind of disappointed with the album as a whole; none of the songs in this album replaced my favorite Babehoven songs (Get Better, Creature). At their best, they are raw and crushing, and I didn't quite get that emotional intensity in this album. I also thought it needed a bit more diversity in tempo (it's all quite slow). But still a good effort and worth a listen if ur into the genre. Favorite tracks: Break the Ice, Stand It, Often



Comments

Popular Posts