GHETTO GODS, EARTHGANG (5/10)

EARTHGANG dropped this album on 2/25/22. I like but don't love EARTHGANG, and I think this album reflects that. There's a couple absolute bangers but generally I was only meh on the majority of songs. I like his voice, but I think I find it a bit monotonous when in abundance and that might be one reason why it doesn't do as well on an album for me. I did really enjoy the little interludes which he calls "Skits" which were pretty fun. But mostly it's just a bunch of slow chill kind of reggae/hip hop rap over some groovy beats. Enjoyable but not too much stood out for me even with all the features (Future, Ari Lennox, CeeLo Green lol, Baby Tate, et. al). Favorite tracks: WATERBOYZ (with JID and J. Cole), JEANS INTERLUDE - Skit, BLACK PEARLS (feat. Baby Tate)


Comments

Popular Posts