Dance Fever, Florence + The Machine (7/10)

ok so Florence dropped this on 5/13/22, but I'd put off listening to it all year because I didn't think I would like it (having not listened to her since the mid 2010's). But I was truly pretty impressed. It's a lot less folky and more alt. electronic than I expected - I guess she's been heading in that description since I last listened. I know she toured earlier this year with Ethel Cain as an opener which didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time, but this album actually reminds me more of Preacher's Daughter than any other album. It's got that same kind of gothic alt. electronic femme pop feel. Definitely exceeded my expectations and was actually kind of experimental? See "Heaven is Here" and "Back In Town." I probably won't listen to most of them again, but there's a few I'm taking with me for sure. Favorite tracks: King, Dream Girl Evil, My Love

 


Comments

Popular Posts