It's Almost Dry, Pusha T (6/10)

I'd never given Pusha T much thought before this album. I liked some of the songs he had collab-ed on, but I don't think I'd ever even listened to a solo Pusha T song before. This album came out a while ago (4/22/22) and had been on my radar, but for ^^ reasons, I hadn't prioritized it. That is, until it started doing really well on the year-end charts, making some pretty big lists! And Ariana was raving about it to me. So I pushed it to the top and gave it a chance today. With newly high expectations, it honestly didn't falter too much. While I didn't like every song on the album, there are some bangers and some really great rapping/lyricism. It has a predictably good feature cast with K***e, JAY-Z, Pharrell Williams, Lil Uzi Vert, Don Toliver, and Labrinth among them. There are also some fantastic samples (Donny Hathaway's "Jealous Guy") - wish there were more tbh - and ugh I'm a sucker for Labrinth's voice. Fav tracks: Dreamin of the Past (feat. Kanye West), Scrape It Off (feat. Lil Uzi Vert and Don Toliver), I Pray For You (feat. Labrinth and MALICE)

 


Comments

Popular Posts