Black Girl Magic, Honey Dijon (6/10)

Honey Dijon is an awesome trans dj and producer who has just absolutely obliterated the nightclub scene over the last couple years. I had never listened to a full project of hers prior to this, so I was really excited at the chance, especially cuz some of my gay/trans friends are just wild for her. On 11/18/22, she put out her fourth album, "Black Girl Magic." It's chock full of features including Channel Tres, Pabllo Vitar, and lots more from the scene. It's pretty dang good and I see the appeal! I'm not always into the most housey club music for my leisure time, but I can admire the artistry and some of the beats are just awesome. Great music to dance to in the gay clerb. Didn't love every track but there were a few bangers fs. And I really like the way she includes some more jazzy sounds (via keys) and also voice recordings in the songs. Uhg and I'll always be pro trans artists. Favorite tracks: Downtown (feat. Annette Bowen and Nikki-O), Everybody (feat. Pabllo Vitar and Urias), Show Me Some Love (feat. Sadie Walker and Channel Tres)



Comments

Popular Posts