Without a Sound, Dinosaur Jr. (6/10)

Ok so it's been a minute since I last blogged cuz I've been lazy although I have been listening to a lot of music. I listened to "Without a Sound," Dinosaur Jr.'s famous 1994 album, about a week ago, and was neither underwhelmed nor overwhelmed. As I said earlier this year in my J Mascis album review, he's such a fucking shredder on the guitar but I just don't like his vocals lol. That about sums up this album as well, although I like Mascis with a whole band more than by his self. Was pleasantly surprised by the shreddage in a few songs, but overall didn't love most of the songs/don't love the vocals that much. It's good but just doesn't do it for me. Still to be converted to a true Dinosaur Jr. fan. Favorite tracks: Feel the Pain, I Don't Think So, Over Your Shoulder



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts