Weather Alive, Beth Orton (6/10)

Beth Orton's new album, "Weather Alive," came out on 9/23/22 from Partisan Records. It was a record I was looking forward to after giving the title track/single an 8/10 earlier this year. Tbh tho I was a bit underwhelmed. I'm someone who really likes kind of cool instrumental/ambient stuff, and some of my favorite albums this year have been in this genre, but this just didn't super do it for me. It's good, but was nothing special. I think this may have something to do with me not loving Orton's vocals too much, but also the whole album kind of started sounding pretty similar. I was also just not blown away by any of the new songs. If you're into this genre of avant garde ambient/instrument-heavy songs, you might want to give it a try - but there are better albums that came out this year in the genre imo. Still pretty beautiful and pleasant to listen to. Favorite tracks: Weather Alive, Haunted Satellite, Lonely



Comments

Popular Posts