Quiet the Room, Skullcrusher (7/10)

Wow!! I was really impressed by Skullcrusher's debut album (out on 10/14/22)! They've put out a few EP's and singles over the past few years that I've enjoyed. They've got a kind of soft, sometimes ambient folk sound that is raw and lovely. And I think sometimes that can get a bit boring over the course of a whole album, but this album does a great job of diversifying sounds with recordings of a toddler's voice on one song and lots of whispers and ambient moments popping up throughout the album. I'm also just a sucker for distortion which the album uses a lot. A lot of the songs are not exactly ones I'd return to individually but still give substance to the larger feeling of ghostly sadness and loneliness that makes the album as a whole feel really cohesive. Favorite tracks: Whatever Fits Together, Pass Through Me, It's Like a Secret, You are my House

 


Comments

Popular Posts