Morfo, Charlotte Dos Santos (6/10)

Charlotte Dos Santos released her sophomore album on 10/14/22. I've never been the biggest fan but she has a few bangers that I really like. This album was kinda like that too. It's doing a lot of cool things at the intersection of r&b, jazz, soul, funk, and samba. And there's a few bangers that I really enjoy, but other than that I was just okay on the majority. That said, though, I think it partially can be chalked up to some genre preferences because the music is definitely good and also super sonically complex (see "Aria 4 Arien"). It's also cool that reaches for her Brazilian roots in songs like Filha Do Sol (an awesome song) :p yeah if you're into contemporary r&b def gotta give it a listen. Favorite tracks: Away From You, Filha Do Sol, Just Sayin'

 


Comments

Popular Posts