I Walked With You A Ways, Plains (6/10)

Plains, the new duo of Katie Crutchfield (Waxahatchee) and Jess Williamson, released their debut album on 10/14/22. In interviews, they've talked about their childhood loves of Shania Twain and the Chicks and other country artists and how they wanted to make a return to that love of country with this album. I think they do a great job of channelling all those original country pop artists in this album. They switch off on vocals and songwriting, but it all flows together quite well. My only issue is that I just don't love the genre lol. I love Katie's vocals and am a big Waxahatchee fan, so all the songs I really liked were just songs that Katie sung lead vocals on. And, again, it's not that I dislike Jess Williamson, I just feel meh about the genre. So this is a very Waxahatchee-fan-but-not-country-fan review lol. If you're into country, though, def give it a listen! Favorite tracks: Problem With It, Line of Sight, Hurricane

 


Comments

Popular Posts